BEHAVIORAL WELLNESS AND RECOVERY ALUMNI PROGRAM
The staff at Behavioral Wellness and Recovery (BWR) highly encourages all our patients to become involved in the free recovery Alumni Program! We want to walk with you every step of the way on your recovery journey. Even if you won’t be able to participate in all aspects of the Alumni Program, it’s important for your long-term recovery to participate in the activities that you can. Our Alumni Program offers the following services:
- While in treatment patients will be able to attend a presentation about the Alumni Program at Behavioral Wellness and Recovery. The presentation will cover topics such as:
- The benefits of joining our Alumni Program
- How patients can get involved in the recovering community
- The events they can look forward to attending in the future
- How to reach out for help after leaving treatment
- Each patient will have the opportunity to meet with our Alumni Coordinator prior to discharge to review the program and to discuss their level of interest in becoming involved in our Alumni Program. Patients will be encouraged to reflect on their future goals after receiving treatment at Behavioral Wellness and Recovery. These goals will be revisited when the Alumni Coordinator provides outreach and support.
- Each patient will have the opportunity to express feedback about the program and to provide a written, video, or audio testimonial. Through understanding each patient’s experience in treatment and hearing about their emotional journey, the Alumni Coordinator will begin to build a rapport with each person.
- All patients will be invited to connect with staff and alumni after discharge through our closed and private BWR Alumni Facebook Group. The group is closed so that only members of the Behavioral Wellness and Recovery community can view its material. The group is also private so that patient confidentiality is protected. This is an interactive and inspirational space for our alumni to remain connected to their peers and stay on the path of recovery in a safe forum. Updates for the BWR community, uplifting messages, and future events are shared with group to keep everyone informed. The Alumni Coordinator sends email blasts with valuable information to those who do not have social media accounts.
- Sobriety is a lifetime goal that may be difficult to achieve without a solid support system and the necessary resources. Through continual outreach after our 42-day program, BWR strives to maintain relationships with each patient and provide them with support along the way. Our Alumni Coordinator contacts every person who has attended our program, beginning one day after discharge up until 180 days after leaving BWR. Alumni have the opportunity on these phone calls to ask for help, talk to someone about the struggles they are currently facing, and receive motivation to stay clean.
- The Alumni Coordinator organizes and executes various events for BWR alumni and their recovery alliance. These events are another opportunity to maintain relationships with peers, and have access to fun and sober activities. Each event is a chance to encourage growth within each patient’s family unit and the BWR community. Alumni meetings are held, where alumni who have maintained sobriety for over 6 months are invited to be speakers.
The goals of the Behavioral Wellness and Recovery Alumni Program are to:
- Provide an extra layer of support after discharge
- Assist our patients in becoming part of a community of peers who have shared experiences
- Engage and connect our alumni
- Provide the opportunity to control the level of involvement in the program
Our patients who are involved in the Alumni Program will be able to:
- Hear alumni Talk
- Participate in a meeting prior to discharge to discuss future goals
- Consent to contact via telephone, email, and/or Facebook
- Stay connected with our closed and private online Facebook Alumni Page in community of understanding with interactive and inspirational activity
- Provide a testimonial
- Receive follow-up contact after discharge (1 day, 7 days, 30 days, 60 days, 90 days, and 180 days)
- Receive email blasts and the BWR Newsletter, which contains up-to-the-minute substance abuse information and updated facility information
- Attend Alumni Events along with family and friends (Recovery Alliance), alumni, and staff
- Become a speaker at our alumni events after 6 months of sobriety
BEHAVIORAL WELLNESS & RECOVERY
704 West Nields St., West Chester, PA 19382 | (800) 683-4457
Serving Philadelphia, PA, Lancaster, PA and Wilmington, DE
CONFIDENTIAL CONTACT FORM
GET THE TREATMENT YOU NEED