FAMILY PROGRAM SCHEDULE
9:00 am – Cycle of Addiction – (Recovery Alliance)
- This group consists of recovery alliance members and a Primary Therapist.
- This group is both a psychoeducational and process-based group.
- The first part of the group focuses on psychoeducation regarding the disease of addiction and how an individual is “captured” by a drug and alcohol addiction.
- The group also focuses on treating drug and alcohol addiction from a family-centric perspective and addresses the addict and alcoholic holistically to strengthen the recovery alliance’s understanding of the problem.
- Education is provided on the ESFT model (which examines the entire ecosystem), including the definition of “old patterns” and “new patterns”, and on the LEAP model (Listen, Empathize, Affirm, Partner), which is what we practice in Behavioral Wellness and Recovery’s therapeutic setting.
- The recovery alliance is encouraged to ask questions that are both directed to staff and the members of other recovery alliances. The therapist will provide information on what to expect and the process of giving and receiving information using the LEAP model.
9:00 am – Process Group – (Patients)
- Patients prepared on what they plan to share and to expect using the LEAP model with on another by giving and receiving supportive feedback.
10:30 am – Multi-Family Process Group – (Patients and Recovery Alliance)
- All patients and their recovery alliances gather in multi-family groups where they will learn from one another through shared experiences and challenge each other utilizing the LEAP model.
- Behavioral Wellness and Recovery ensures that the process is carried out in a nurturing and nonjudgmental manner.
- This group also provides an opportunity to share the hope and possibility of a family being able to adopt new patterns of behavior and how healthy communication and open-mindedness can to strengthen the recovery unit.
- The group benefits patients who do not have a recovery alliance present.
12:00 pm: – Lunch (Patient and families)
- Patient and families can enjoy lunch together and socialize after the completion of groups.
BEHAVIORAL WELLNESS & RECOVERY
1301 Wrights Ln E Suite 103, West Chester, PA 19380 | (800) 683-4457
Serving Philadelphia, PA, Lancaster, PA and Wilmington, DE